Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Past Year


This past year my whole life changed. Last December I found out I was pregnant. Immediately I was scared to death and didn't know what I was going to do. But everything seemed to fall into place and everything got better. Tim and I moved into our own apartment and began living on our own. It wasn't as tough as we thought until now. On August 27, 2010 our beautiful baby girl Brooke Nicole Mann was born after a long and miserable day. It started at 2:40 that morning when my water broke. I was excited and called everybody! We headed up to the hospital shortly after 3am. When I got there they put me in my room and after I got all settled in I wanted to watch TV....well it ended catching on fire! Yeah, great way to start the day! They moved me to the next room over which luckily they hadn't hooked up my Iv yet. Throughout the day the nurse would check on me and I was progressing slowly. Around 9ish that night they finally said I could start pushing, but we ran into a problem. The baby was face up and was having problems getting under my pubic bone plus I was running a slight fever. Then the bad news came: I was going to have to have a C-section. I was so worn out and tired and terrifed to death at having to have surgery after everything I had already went through. And the C-section is a experience I will never forget. Feeling them cut my stomach open (no pain just a weird feeling) and being jerked every which way (and that was painful) it was just awful and I've already decided with my next baby that I want to be knocked out. But my Brooke was born at 11:19pm. She's the best thing that has ever happened to me and I wouldn't give her back for anything in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment